Sunday, December 21, 2008

{DIALOGUE BETWEEN A DOCTOR AND A PATIENT}

First off we see a clock on the wall. Its ticking. We see ten seconds go by. Then we see an office environment. A man waits in a chair. A secretary opens a window and starts to speak.



Ok Mr. Mr?

Magdalene.

Yes, Magdalene. The doctor will see you now.



Inside the Doctors Office we see a scale, another clock, jars of things, a desk, charts, books. We see outside a window where there is a windmill and a pond. On the wall is that same windmill and pond with a young man fishing.



So, I’m fine.

Fit as a fiddle.

So, I’m not going to die?

I cant predict that I am only a Doctor.

But, I’m healthy as a horse.

Yes.

No tumors?

No tumors.

Hearts good?

Hearts good.

Brains good?

Brains good.
The only thing I would say is that you should learn to relax.

How do I do that?

Find something that you enjoy.

Where do I start?

Try going for a walk.

Go for a walk?

Hey it’s a start, I can’t give you all the answers.


Doc c’mon I need something.

No you don’t. Your perfectly fine. Theres nothing wrong with you.

C’mon the anxiety has been getting to me.

Thatll do it everytime but all you have to do is breathe.

But I am so scared of tomorrow and the day after that and the…

That’s pretty normal.

C’mon just something for the pain, something to make it all go away?


I just want to know.
I want to know so bad.

Whats there to know?

How will I die?

How will you live? Try that one first.

But I want to know now.

How do you know whats going to happen before it has happened? No one knows this. As people we spend so much time logistically planning out our lives. Writing down on our calendars when this is going to happen and when that is going to happen. Then we wonder why we find so much disappointment when nothing goes according to plan. Stop me if you have heard this all before already.

I don’t even know what to say to that.

Theres nothing to really say. Life happens while you plan it. Its always been this way. Itll always be this way.

I don’t know if I am far ahead with that type of thinking.

That’s the thing. There is nothinking involved, you let it happen. You participate in the happening. Heres a question: where are you headed after this?

Well I am going to stop at the store for a pack of smokes and then head home and think about all this stuff we just talked about.

So you are going home.

How are you getting there?

The car.

So you are driving there.

That’s what cars do these days right?

I didn’t know cars drove themselves.

I’m going to drive it.

Exactly.

Exactly?

It only makes sense, you are the driver at the wheel.
How do you know you are going to make it?

I am going to take the BQE to the Metropilitan exit.

No, I am saying how do you know your going to make it home?

I don’t really know. I guess we will see what happens, right?

Well all I know is all you have is the road in front of you, so if that’s true then all you have to do is drive. So, just drive, when you get home, give me a call.